Key Dates in HCP's History
• 1960: Founded in Taiwan
• 1990: Established operations in mainland China with the opening of the Suzhou factory
• 1995: First factory Suzhou, in full production
• 2000: Opened second China factory in Shanghai
• 2003: Opened first overseas office in East Coast US
• 2004: Purchased Bridgeport Metal Goods (BMG) factory in Hinsdale, USA
• 2004: Opened first European office in Paris
• 2005: Opened first office in UK
• 2006: Set up Shanghai headquarters
• 2008: Fourth factory in Huai'an, China in full production
• 2009: Opened first overseas office in West Coast US
• 2009: Opened fifth factory in Reynosa, Mexico
• 2012: TPG completed the acquisition of ownership stakes in HCP from members of the founding family
• 2014: May 7th, Opening ceremony for a fourth HCP factory (Suzhou 2) with 12,000 sqm new manufacturing space
• 2015: Major capacity investments in manufacturing increasing China plants to a total of 300 injection molding machines; 9 bi-injection machines and 22 Injection blow-molding machines plus increased finishing capability with 20 spray coating lines and 13 metallisation chambers.
• 2016: Baring Private Equity Asia completes the acquisition of HCP from TPG Capital.
• 2016: HCP acquires SIMP - the world’s leader in the creation, development and manufacture of cosmetic plastic applicators and rubber technical parts for the beauty industry.
• 2017: HCP acquires Rusi, bringing over 40 years of engineering and cosmetics packaging expertise, with a strong reputation for high quality manufacture in the mascara, lip gloss and eyeliner product categories.
HCP is one of the world’s leading primary packaging suppliers with a particular focus on the design, development and production of packaging materials and solutions for the cosmetics, skincare and fragrance industries.
Headquartered in Shanghai, China, HCP has successfully expanded its global operations through organic growth, strategic alliances and acquisitions in over 50 years of history.
The company was founded in 1960 in Taiwan. Today, HCP serves its global customers through seven world class production facilities – in China, North America; Mexico and France. Customers are supported regionally by fully owned sales and services offices located in the UK, France, the US, Taiwan and China.
HCP has expanded into one of the world’s leading primary packaging companies for cosmetics products. Since January 2016, under the ownership of Baring Private Equity Asia (BPEA), the commitment to continued growth and investment in HCPs future is secured.
In September 2016, HCP acquired SIMP - the world’s leader in the creation, development and manufacture of cosmetic plastic applicators and rubber technical parts for the beauty industry, with particular expertise in design and innovation in precision micro-injected plastic mascara brushes. SIMP brings important new product capabilities to HCP’s wide range of packaging solutions for the leading beauty brands.
31st August 2017: The addition of Rusi to the HCP group, brings over 40 years of engineering and cosmetics packaging expertise, with a strong reputation for high quality manufacture in the mascara, lip gloss and eyeliner product categories. Rusi’s proficiency coupled with its position in the industrial zone of Bechhofen in Germany, enhances HCP’s manufacturing synergy in the heart of Europe. Located near Nuremberg, 1.5 hours from Munich, Rusi will enable HCP to offer compelling full pack mascara solutions and provide the core manufacturing platform in Europe.